Languages – English, Russian/Pусский
Dennis Kasimov received his B.A. degree in Economics and Political Science, and his Juris Doctor (J.D.) degrees from the University of Washington. During his studies he participated in the University of Washington Entrepreneurial Law Clinic and performed company due diligence at the local chapter of the Keiretsu investor forum. Dennis’ academic work focused on business and tax courses, and on related training programs. Dennis background and interests were directed toward the representation of emerging growth companies and investors. Dennis focuses on both transactional and litigation matters.
Originally from Washington State, Dennis spent several years in China and Chicago. In Chengdu China, he worked in Marketing and Business Development for the British Chamber of Commerce for Southwest China. While there, he also studied Business and Language at Sichuan University as the recipient of the Confucius Institute Scholarship, and served as Co-Editor of the Chamber of Commerce’s quarterly journal, “FACE”, and as Chair of the Sustainable Chengdu Working Group.
In his personal time, Dennis enjoys reading, listening to and playing music, and spending time in the mountains during the Seattle area’s idyllic summers. Dennis is fluent in Russian, and also speaks Mandarin Chinese.
- J.D. – University of Washington
- B.A. – University of Washington, Economics and Political Science
- Washington (All State Courts)
Associations & Memberships
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Honors & Awards
- Ortoli Rosenstadt, LLP v. Jean Pierre and Ilze Rey. Successfully represented a prominent Manhattan law firm Ortoli Rosenstadt, LLP in unique retainer agreement enforcement arbitration involving allegations of malpractice, transnational transactions, real estate and tax law. Obtained the full amount of damages sought by law firm client in an amount totaling nearly $1.7 million.
- Barbara Davis v. WA State Department of Social and Health Services, et al. Continuing to represent the Plaintiff estate in multi-year wrongful death and survivorship litigation in both the federal District Courts and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Legal issues include novel constitutional law arguments under 42 § U.S.C. 1983.
- Garnett v. Alan (v. James Crones and Crones Land Surveyors, LLC). Successfully represented Third-Party Defendant land surveyor against allegations by neighbors disputing over trees along property boundary. All claims against client were dismissed on summary judgment prior to trial and all attorneys’ fees obtained on his behalf.
- SmarTek21, LLC v. VisiKard, Inc. Obtained a $200,000.00 judgment on behalf of technology client SmarTek21, LLC in a venture capital breach of contract and investment lawsuit in federal District Court.
- Christensen v. Chicago Title Insurance Company. Represented husband and wife insureds against their title insurer in a policy coverage lawsuit concerning an ingress and egress easement onto their property. The matter was successfully settled, the terms of which included attorneys’ fees for our clients and the title company obtaining and recording the subject easement on behalf of our clients.